Tuesday, December 29, 2009

JACKSON WY / DAY 3 / HOT SPRINGS















Granite Hot Springs. 10 miles on a snow trail to access these natural 112 degree hot springs here in Wyoming. That is a long walk in cold weather, so we decided to rent a snowmobile for quicker travel. The sled got a little banged up and the extra $30 dollar insurance most definitely was passed on. Hopefully "Man Randy" at the snowmobile shop will see things our way, he was a little fired up.

The springs pool was created in 1933 and has been an attraction for even longer. I forgot my suit back in Portland, not thinking I would be swimming in the dead of winter. Jumped in with the under garments and I couldn't get over that warm and peaceful water. Somehow Levin's knew we were swimming and brought a pair, I'm convinced he carries them around on the daily. Magical place in the mountains.

GRANITE HOT SPRING PHOTOS



Take care.

No comments: